Transactional Licensing Program (TLP)
Adobe Open Options 4.5 makes it easy for organizations of all sizes to get the benefits of volume ordering through the Transactional Licensing Program (TLP). This program is available worldwide and covers most Adobe desktop products. There are no membership requirements. For every eligible order of a new or upgrade Adobe software license, or of Upgrade Plan, you receive points. Your discount level is based on the total point value of your transaction.
Q. What are the key advantages of licensing software through TLP?
A. There are several advantages:
1. Lower software costs
2. Reduced ordering and license administration, simplifying total software management efforts and streamlining internal business processes
3. Web-based license management tool
4. Enhanced business productivity through cohesive deployment of Adobe's end-to-end creative, workflow, content collaboration, and business process solutions to extend the organization's reach beyond the employee's desktop – TLP is a natural complement to licenses of other office productivity and business process tools
5. With the Upgrade Plan option, technology consistency across the user base and deployment of the most current technology
6. Ability to better manage legal compliance
Q. What are the benefits of TLP to small business ?
A. TLP brings the benefits of enterprise-class licensing to the smaller volume orders typical of consultants, independent designers, creative services, and marketing groups. It also provides the benefits of volume licensing to larger organizations whose orders don't meet CLP order thresholds.
Q. What do I receive when I participate in TLP?
A. A TLP license gives you access to Adobe's web-based software management tool, where you can find a custom TLP license certificate for each TLP order you place. The certificate lists the order date, the products you licensed, the corresponding serial numbers, and the total number of licenses available for installation.
Q. How are discount levels determined?
A. Discount levels are determined based on the number of points in the transaction. The number of points earned per software program or Upgrade Plan order is based on the value of each item licensed. (Note: TLP licenses are ordered through resellers, not from Adobe directly. Actual pricing ultimately depends on the reseller price. Accordingly, Adobe cannot guarantee any particular savings or discounts to any organization buying TLP licenses.)